Our team is growing and we are looking for a talented Senior IT Support Engineer to be based at our Glasgow Operations Centre. As a senior member of our IT Support Service Desk team you will deliver high quality IT technical support and consultancy to existing clients in Glasgow, Edinburgh and throughout Scotland, assisting them with infrastructure, server hardware and software issues and delivering high quality ICT solutions via phone, remote access and on-site. As a Senior IT Support engineer you will manage your own workload and report directly to the Service Delivery Manager.
Senior IT Support Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide technical support across a broad range of customers and ICT technologies.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all IT support incidents and projects.
- To accurately update/maintain our ticketing system and SLAs.
- Respond to IT enquiries from clients and escalated tickets and effectively resolve any server hardware or software problems.
- Liaise with third party software\hardware providers to expedite prompt resolutions for clients.
- To effectively manage all tickets and projects ensuring consistent quality of service for all customers.
Senior IT Support Engineer Skills/Experience preferred:
- Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Hyper-V Virtualization installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Remote Desktop Services installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Exchange 2013, 2016, Exchange Online, Office 365 installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Azure AD, Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
- Networking – Routers/Switches/Firewalls installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Connectivity – Experience specifying and deploying Fibre, MPLS, EFM, vDSL.
- Network troubleshooting TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, IPSec
- Experience of remote monitoring and management software for IT services is an advantage.
- Desirable/advantageous Telephony – 3CX, Mitel, Horizon, Microsoft 365 Business Voice
Senior IT Support Engineer Attributes:
- First class telephone manner, excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent commercial awareness and customer service skills
- Ability to meet SLA’s maintaining a high level of communication to clients throughout
- First rate understanding of server hardware set-up and software configuration
- Flexible and willing to work out of hours as required
- ‘Hands-on’ and pro-active approach to service delivery
- Prepared to take ownership of problems and tasks
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- A team player looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- HND or BSC / Degree in Computing Science
- A Microsoft accreditation – e.g. MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
- Current UK Driving Licence and own car required.
You can apply for this position here.