From 2020 BT will reduce ISDN & PSTN Services, ending them completely by 2025. Businesses need to take action to u… https://t.co/7vfvD2mgZH
Cyber Essentials Accreditation Scheme
RedMosquito are an Accredited Cyber Essentials (ACE) practitioner; meaning that we are recognised as having the relevant skills and experience to guide your organisation through the Cyber Essentials accreditation process. Simply put, we are able to implement the security and policy changes required for your business to be awarded with the accreditation and to guide you through the process.
What Exactly is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials (CE) is a Government backed and industry supported scheme which guides businesses in protecting themselves against cyber threats and certifies that suitable protections are in place.
CE aims to address the most common vulnerabilities exploited in cyber-attacks and if properly implemented should prevent 80% of attacks. Accreditation demonstrates that your organisation is serious about cyber security and that you prioritise the protection of your data and that of your customers and partner organisations.
The Benefits of Cyber Essentials
- GDPR - Cyber Essentials demonstrates that you have taken action to prevent data breaches. Accreditation demonstrates that you have been proactive in trying to improve your cyber security stance, of crucial benefit when addressing the requirements of the forthcoming European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- CE formalises security procedures- Many if not all of the security requirements needed to pass this accreditation may have already been implemented (particularly if you are a RedMosquito managed IT services customer) but by having these accredited you will be able to demonstrate to your clients that you are taking security seriously.
- Open new sources of revenue - government and public-sector tenders increasingly require this accreditation before issuing an invitation to tender.
- Visible and Recognisable Accreditation - demonstrates that your company is taking security seriously with a publicly recognised accreditation which can be added to your website and e-mail signatures.
- Supply chain security - Your partners and customers can verify you are certified on the National Cyber Security Center website which is a public record of those businesses that care about their cybersecurity https://www.cyberessentials.ncsc.gov.uk/
How can RedMosquito help?
RedMosquito's qualified ACE practitioners step you through the process so you can gain accreditation by efficently gathering and presenting the evidence. Where changes to your systems are required we advise on the optimum solutions and implement the changes. The process is comprised of the following steps:
- We complete an audit and analysis of your current systems, identifying any areas of concern and we advise on potential solutions.
- We implement the appropriate solutions where required to meet the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme.
- We draft the policies that formalise the procedures for your business to work from.
- We use our specialist knowledge to complete the technical self-assessment paperwork to present your organisation for assessment by the accreditation body.
- We verify your self-assessment return is robust and ready for submission to the accreditation body, avoiding any additional re-assessment fees.
- We liaise with your accreditation body, answering queries until the award is granted to your business.
- We train your staff in cyber security best practise and the usage of any new systems or procedures which may have been implemented during the process.
Our experience of the Cyber Essentials scheme enables us to do all this quickly and efficiently – without impacting your daily operations allowing you to continue to focus on your core business.
For a no obligation initial chat to discuss and to answer any questions you may have and for a quotation for this service call RedMosquito now on 0141 348 7950 or send an emailed enquiry.
With GDPR coming in from May 2018 there is no time like the present.
RedMosquito Security Consultants, Managed Services and IT support Glasgow, Edinburgh, across Scotland and throughout the UK.