RT @RedMosquitoLtd: Office 2016 users should be aware that there may be compatibility issues with Office 365 before the end of the normal 1…
Digital Development Loan
The Scottish Government has launched a Digital Development Loan scheme to support SMEs in improving their digital capabilities in cyber security, data analytics, software engineering and staff skills. The 0% interest rate loan should help businesses meet the front loaded costs of upgrading their technology and skills. A total of £2 million is available and the maximum loan is £50,000.
The main criteria for a loan are:
- The business must be located in Scotland
- Applicants must be over 18 with right to work in the UK
- Business must employ less than 250 people and have an annual turnover of less than €50m and/or an annual balance sheet total less than €43m
- Must be trading more than 6 months
- Purpose must be to improve digital capacity/capability
You can apply online here.
Our IT Support customers throughout Scotland, will welcome this scheme which provides much needed support for SMEs to rise to the complex cyber security challenges faced by modern day businesses. Cyber criminal’s attacks are often uncoordinated strikes which hit businesses of all sizes and can destroy SMEs in one fell swoop. We are happy to provide advice and guidance on the IT security SMEs should have in place to protect their network. Contact us today for a free and no obligation chat about the best next step your company should take to address your cyber security needs.
RedMosquito provides IT Support to SMEs across Glasgow, Edinburgh and throughout Scotland.