RT @RedMosquitoLtd: Office 2016 users should be aware that there may be compatibility issues with Office 365 before the end of the normal 1…
Glasgow's Digital Strategy
Glasgow City Council this week released its Digital Glasgow Strategy which outlines their priorities for developing Glasgow’s digital economy and modernising public services with digital technology. The strategy was developed in partnership with a wide range of organisations from the private, public and third sectors. It sets out bold ambitions for Glasgow and its tech sector – currently the fastest growing part of Glasgow’s economy.
Their vision has two mains:
(1) Businesses across all sectors to realise the potential that digital provides, to stimulate innovation, and to establish Glasgow’s tech sector as a top 20 global digital economy.
(2) Glasgow to be recognised as one of the most pioneering and innovative smart cities in the world, and this innovation to be used to transform public services.
The strategy outlines 74 action points, including:
- Accelerating investment in 5G and fibre connectivity
- More than 50,000 iPads distributed to schools, over 2 years, this has begun in Shawlands
- Scale up the Smart City infrastructure introducing intelligent street lighting, smart bins and sensors
- Create a ‘living lab’ to support SMEs in this field
- Work to identify digital skills gaps
- Introduce a 3D strategy for city planning, including 3D planning applications
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde to increase access to digital health and social care services
- Use of digital tech to improve tourism content
Glasgow’s digital sector is the largest in Scotland, the city boasts two innovation Districts and 50% of Scotland’s students of electronics, mechanics and software are based in Glasgow.
RedMosquito started providing IT Support and IT Security services to SMEs in Glasgow almost 20 years ago. We are interested to note the efforts outlined in the strategy to support SMEs to embrace the digital revolution. Contact us if you would like further information on how we can help you use new technologies as a springboard for your business growth.
RedMosquito provides IT Support services to SMEs in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling and throughout central Scotland.