We are recruiting for a talented IT Support Engineer to join our team.
Based in our Network Operations Centre in Glasgow, our Service Desk Team delivers high quality technical IT Support to our SME customers located in Glasgow, Edinburgh and throughout Scotland. As part of this team, you will assist our IT Support customers with desktop & server hardware and software problems via phone, remote access and on-site.
The key duties and responsibilities are listed below, if you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Please note a full driving license and access to a car are essential requirements for this role.
Senior IT Support Engineer Job details:
As a senior member of our Service Desk team you will deliver high quality technical support and consultancy to existing clients, assisting them with infrastructure, server hardware and software issues and delivering high quality ICT solutions via phone, remote access and on-site. As a senior engineer you will manage your own workload and report directly to the Service Delivery Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· To provide technical support across a broad range of customers and ICT technologies.
· To maintain a high degree of customer service for all IT support incidents and projects.
· To accurately update/maintain our ticketing system and SLAs.
· Respond to enquiries from clients and escalated tickets and effectively resolve any server hardware or software problems.
· Liaise with third party software\hardware providers to expedite prompt resolutions for clients.
· To effectively manage all tickets and projects ensuring consistent quality of service for all customers.
· Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Hyper-V Virtualization installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Remote Desktop Services installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Exchange 2013, 2016, Exchange Online, Office 365 installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
· Networking – Routers/Switches/Firewalls installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Connectivity – Experience specifying and deploying Fibre, MPLS, EFM, vDSL.
· Network troubleshooting TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, IPSec
· Experience of remote monitoring and management software for IT services is an advantage.
· Desirable/advantageous Telephony – 3CX, Mitel, Horizon
· First class telephone manner, excellent written and spoken English
· Excellent commercial awareness and customer service skills
· Ability to meet SLA’s maintaining a high level of communication to clients throughout
· First rate understanding of server hardware set-up and software configuration
· Flexible and willing to work out of hours as required
· ‘Hands-on’ and pro-active approach to service delivery
· Prepared to take ownership of problems and tasks
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· A team player looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· HND or BSC / Degree in Computing Science
· A Microsoft accreditation – e.g. MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
· Current UK Driving Licence and own car required.
Job Type: Full-time