We have a great opportunity for a talented IT Support Engineer to join our team.
Based in our Network Operations Centre in Glasgow, our Service Desk Team delivers high quality technical IT Support to our SME customers located in Glasgow, Edinburgh and throughout Scotland. As part of this team, you will assist our IT Support customers with desktop & server hardware and software problems via phone, remote access and on-site.
The key duties and responsibilities are listed below, if you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Please note a full driving license and access to a car are essential requirements for this role.
IT Support Engineer:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical IT Support across a broad range of customers and technologies
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all IT Support queries and projects
- Accurately update/maintain our ticketing system and SLAs
- Respond to enquiries from clients and escalated tickets and effectively resolve any server hardware or software problems
- Liaise with third party software\hardware providers to expedite prompt resolutions for clients
- To effectively manage all tickets and projects assigned to him/her
- Windows desktop 7, 8.1 and 10
- Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Hyper-V Virtualization installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Remote Desktop Services installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Exchange 2012, Exchange Online, Office 365 installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
- Networking – Routers/Switches/Firewalls installation, operation and troubleshooting
- Connectivity – Experience specifying and deploying Fibre, MPLS, EFM, vDSL
- Network troubleshooting TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, IPSec
- Experience of remote monitoring and management software for IT Services is an advantage
- Desirable/advantageous telephony – 3CX, Mitel, Horizon
- First class telephone manner, excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent commercial awareness and customer service skills
- Ability to meet SLA’s maintaining a high level of communication to clients throughout
- First rate understanding of server hardware set-up and software configuration
- Flexible and willing to work out of hours as required
- ‘Hands-on’ and pro-active approach to service delivery
- Prepared to take ownership of problems and tasks
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- A team player looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- HND or BSC / Degree in Computing Science
- A Microsoft accreditation – e.g. MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
- Current UK Driving Licence and own car required
IT Support Engineer Salary: £TBA / dependent on experience.