We are recruiting for an IT Support Engineer to join our team. As a member of our Service Desk Team you will deliver high quality IT Support to existing clients, assisting them with desktop and server hardware & software problems via phone, remote access and on-site.
Salary: £18 -30, 000 negotiable depending on experience + Benefits.
Please note a drivers license and access to a car are essential requirement for this role.
IT Support Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
· To provide technical IT Support across a broad range of customers and technologies.
· To maintain a high degree of customer service for all IT Support queries and projects
· To accurately update/maintain our ticketing system and SLAs.
· Respond to enquiries from clients and escalated tickets and effectively resolve any server hardware or software problems
· Liaise with third party software\hardware providers to expedite prompt resolutions for clients
· To effectively manage all tickets and projects assigned to him/her
Skills/Experience preferred (but training will be given):
· Windows desktop 8.1 and 10.
· Windows Server 2012, 2016 installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Hyper-V Virtualization installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Remote Desktop Services installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Exchange 2012, Exchange Online, Office 365 installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
· Networking – Routers/Switches/Firewalls installation, operation and troubleshooting
· Connectivity – Experience specifying and deploying Fibre, MPLS, EFM, vDSL.
· Network troubleshooting TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, IPSec
· Experience of remote monitoring and management software for IT services is an advantage.
· Desirable/advantageous Telephony – 3CX, Mitel, Horizon
· First class telephone manner, excellent written and spoken English
· Excellent commercial awareness and customer service skills
· Ability to meet SLA’s maintaining a high level of communication to clients throughout
· First rate understanding of server hardware set-up and software configuration
· Flexible and willing to work out of hours as required
· ‘Hands-on’ and pro-active approach to service delivery
· Prepared to take ownership of problems and tasks
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· A team player looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· HND or BSC / Degree in Computing Science
· A Microsoft accreditation – e.g. MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
· Current UK Driving Licence and own car required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
Apply for this position here.
About RedMosquito Limited
RedMosquito are IT support specialists and managed service providers based at our Operations Centre in Glasgow and in Edinburgh. We’re in the business of providing top quality IT services driven by our passion for technology. Our team of experienced engineers operates throughout Scotland doing the technical stuff so that our customers IT systems run efficiently and seamlessly.