RedMosquito are specialists in Cyber Essentials and have been helping customers gain certification since the scheme started in 2014. We have the relevant skills and experience to guide your organisation through the entire Cyber Essentials accreditation process. Simply put, we are able to identify and implement the security and policy changes required for your business to be awarded with the accreditation and to assist you throughout the process.
What Exactly is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials is a Government backed and industry supported scheme which guides businesses in protecting themselves against cyber threats. Moreover, it certifies that suitable protections are in place.
Primarily, Cyber Essentials aims to address the most common vulnerabilities exploited in cyber-attacks. Consequently, if properly implemented should prevent 80% of attacks. Furthermore, accreditation demonstrates that your organisation is serious about cyber security and that you prioritise the protection of your data and that of your customers and partner organisations.
The Benefits of Cyber Essentials
- GDPR – Cyber Essentials demonstrates that you have taken action to prevent data breaches. Accreditation demonstrates that you have been proactive in trying to improve your cyber security stance. This a key concern when addressing the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Cyber Essentials formalises IT security procedures- Many if not all of the IT security requirements needed to pass this accreditation may have already been implemented but by having these accredited you will be able to demonstrate to your clients that you are taking security seriously.
- Open new sources of revenue – Government and public-sector tenders increasingly require this accreditation before issuing an invitation to tender.
- Visible and Recognisable Accreditation – Demonstrates that your company is taking IT security seriously with a publicly recognised accreditation which can be added to your website and e-mail signatures.
- Supply chain security – Your partners and customers can verify you are certified on the National Cyber Security Centre website which holds a public record of those businesses which have Cyber Essentials in place
Our previous blog will give you a brief overview of the areas Cyber Essentials covers.
How can RedMosquito help?
RedMosquito’s cyber-security consultants guide you through the process so you can gain certification by efficiently gathering and presenting the evidence. Where changes to your IT systems are required we advise on the optimum solutions and assist to implement the changes. The process is comprised of the following steps:
- Complete an audit and analysis of your current IT systems, identifying any areas of concern and we advise on potential solutions
- Implement the appropriate solutions where required to meet the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme
- Draft the policies that formalise the IT procedures for your business
- Use our specialist IT knowledge to complete the technical self-assessment paperwork to present your organisation for assessment by the certifying body
- Verify your self-assessment return is robust and ready for submission to the certifying body, avoiding any additional re-assessment fees
- Liaise with your certifying body, answering queries until the award is granted to your business
- Train your staff in cyber security best practise and the usage of any new systems or procedures which may have been implemented during the process
Our experience of the Cyber Essentials scheme enables us to do all this quickly and efficiently – without impacting your daily operations allowing you to continue to focus on your core business.
For a no obligation initial chat to discuss and to answer any questions you may have call RedMosquito on 0141 348 7950 or contact us.
RedMosquito Security Consultants, Managed Services and IT support Glasgow, Edinburgh, across Scotland and throughout the UK.