RedMosquito is delighted to announce we have achieved certification to the information security standard ISO 27001:2013. The is the gold standard of data security. Gaining this certification demonstrates our commitment to information security: of both internal data and that of our partners and customers. The certification is awarded after a rigorous audit. Therefore it allows RedMosqutio to show we manage security risks effectively. As a provider of IT Support & Security Services, achieving this award was a key company goal for 2018.
What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 is an information security management standard. It outlines requirements for an information Security Management System (ISMS) and details how organisations should manage security risks. This means that RedMosquito have:
- Identified information security risks and systematically evaluated them taking into account the impact of threats and vulnerabilities
- Created a set of controls to mitigate these risks
- Ensured a management process reviews these risks and controls
- Committed to an ongoing program of internal audits
- Have been audited by an ISO accredited Certifying Body to test for conformity
- The certification is valid for three years but does require an ongoing commitment to internal and external audits to ensure continued conformity.
What does this mean for RedMosquito customers?
RedMosquito provides IT Support & Security services to SME customers across a range of sectors including finance, manufacturing, charities and many more. Being in the IT business, security of customers data has always been top priority. However, recent changes to data protection law, with the introduction of GDPR, mean information security is now a top business priority for all. ISO27001 certification allows RedMosquito to demonstrate to their customers that their valuable data is managed in a structured way that mitigates as much of the security risk as possible.
Achieving ISO27001 certification is a significant milestone for RedMosquito. It demands a commitment to continuous improvement of security standards, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information is secure. With this certification in place, RedMosquito can only go from strength to strength.
IT Support Glasgow, Edinburgh and across the U.K.