Yammer is a tool many businesses are adopting as a new and more interactive way for their team to work together. It’s a popular tool because it brings modern ways of communicating into the business world. Think social networking for business. Microsoft bought the company in 2012 – paying $1.2 billion for it. Indeed, it is part of your Office 365 subscription and allows social media type communication with users internal and/or external to your organisation. Due to the fact that is it accessible on your PC, Mac, iPhone or Android phones, Yammer fits well with the often mobile and remote workforce of the modern world.
Yammer provides a platform, for transparent communication enabling your team share ideas and seek information. Similarly, it helps people find solutions, make announcements and foster discussions. Certainly, used properly it can increase productivity by reducing the need for meetings and saving time in many other ways.
Here are 5 key uses for Yammer:
- All staff can connect – You can follow colleagues so you can stay in the loop with projects they are working on. You can also create an external group to collaborate with people who work in other companies. Dynamic groups of up to 100k members can be created.
- Seamless Integration with Office 365– Yammer fully integrates with Office 365, it enables your team to create, edit and share content.
- Share Knowledge – Colleagues can share information – as a link, PDF, image or video.
- Discuss – You can put out requests for help or info, identifying who within your network has the skills to help
- Security – You can manage the Yammer security settings – control where your team can access Yammer from, manage password polices and external network access etc.
RedMosquito Ltd provides IT Support and IT Security Services to SMEs in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling and throughout central Scotland.